I don’t know where to start. Or how to.
I don’t know if it’s worth recapping at all.
But like all the obstacles you overcome in life, this one too needs to be celebrated.
How can I describe 2016? It has been an emotional trainwreck; a beautifully painful, traumatic, eye-opening, experience-gaining, breathtaking, flesh-burning, panic-ridden year.
Here’s a list of things that happened:
- First New Year’s celebration out and about.
- An excuse for a Birthday Party.
- A school trip turned into Hell.
- Sudden dates and regrets.
- Birthday celebrations of two best friends and thorough enjoyment.
- A realization that is still haunting me today.
- An unexpected night to remember.
- A trip to New York.
- A festival.
- A trip to the mountains.
- A trip to Crete.
- August- a month of waking up and then falling back down again.
- S c h o o l.
- A trip to Berlin.
- Cigarettes After Sex.
- A lot of it.
- Probably a lot more that I don’t remember.
- And an endless amount of one-sided love.
What I want for 2017?
- I want happiness. Lots of it.
- I want to be confident in my own skin.
- I want to read and write more.
- I want to be more compassionate.
- I want to be kinder.
- I want to find love. The kind of love that makes you go speechless.
- I want to educate myself more.
- I want to help people.
- I want to find my passion.
- I want to learn to move on.
- I want to get a tattoo.
- I want to worry less and enjoy more.
- I want to listen to beautiful music.
- I want to learn to drive.
- I want to be the best version of myself.
- I want to live.